Papu Jordan Holistic Therapies for Women ~ Harpenden and St. Albans

HOLISTIC MASSAGE & REIKI FOR WOMEN ~ PREGNANCY, BABIES & CHILDREN ~ REIKI COURSES

Tel: 01582 623985       Email: info@papujordan.com

Friday, July 25, 2008

Aches and Pains ~ People often come to me when they have a specific muscle ache which is more than the usual tension. A muscle spasm can be debilitating, restricting movement and very painful. Whilst it is helpful to soothe the affected area, the source of the condition is usually elsewhere - eg a muscle gone into spasm in the mid back can cause discomfort in the shoulder blade region; referred pain. These spasms feel like knots in the muscle and are called Trigger Points. They can be extremely painful in themselves, and whilst I try to gently release them, I would have to check the pressure I'm using with you. Relief can sometimes be felt instantly, or can take a few treatments if the trigger point has been there for some time. Trigger point work is easily combined with a regular massage and can really be an effective treatment that has long-lasting benefits.

I will soon be taking a summer break so am currently taking bookings for September. If you would like to make an appointment, please send me an email or leave me a message and I will get back to you upon my return: info@papujordan.com or 01582 623985

Wishing you a relaxing summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home